Thursday, April 4, 2013

Well, hello again.

In the blink of an eye, almost a whole year has passed since my last post! It is already April which means a whole quarter of the year 2013 has gone by without my acknowledging (in this blog anyway) the new year creeping in.

Today, I am slightly different from the girl who wrote that last post about Mom. I come back here as an unemployed graduate who is still dreaming of traversing the world and looking for something to give meaning to the days of my life. This blog was initially written by a wide-eyed, naive girl (Yes, still naive at 22!) to 'find' herself and write about her pursuits of happiness and all things important! But fast-forward to the soon-to-be 24 year-old version, I find that I still haven't figured out that much about myself although I am a little happier and hopefully a little wiser.

BUT as Rowena Grant-Frost very wisely wrote in frankie #45, you never really know yourself completely. Not when you're 22 or 52, you just 'get a better sense of who you are, what you like and what you value as a stand-alone person'.

I have big plans for this year (as I always do!) but after years and years of making big plans, I have learnt to make smaller, simpler big plans. Like splurging on a nice brunch once a week and doing more travelling. Oh, and also find a job. Right now I want to journal my (hopefully) numbered days as a bum and maybe find myself just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment